Sacromonte, Granada   siesta

  

______

 

just a glimpse, stay tuned for more to explore  MilesAstray unfolds in retrospect. I was living these stories full time, now I'm making space to pen them down. Head over to the countries section for the latest places/stories and completed countries.

______

a glimpse

 

 

glimpse: RAGS & RICHES | From rags to riches is a tale aspired by many, materialized by few. It fluffily suggests that anybody can climb the economical ladder, regardless the rung they start from. It highlights hard work and determination, while censoring opportunity, education, and luck. Let’s be real. We live in a world where the many rags likely stay rags and a marginal minority goes from riches to richer. Orderly segregated by a fence, one climbs on deck of a yacht, while the other keeps sitting on the ground; one buys, one sells. Telling tales soothes, yet change thrives on telling truths. If the ones far atop stepped down a little, the ones at the very bottom could climb a lot. Maybe then both would see that the best outlook on life is somewhere in the middle, where basic needs are met and aspirations of happiness replace the longing for wealth.

 

glimpse: IN IT TOGETHER | Statistically speaking 56.97 % of these people didn’t cast a vote during the 2017 referendum on Catalan independence, 92.01 % of the rest were in favor, 7.99 % against. Some of them are revolutionaries, others moderate bystanders. And yet, looking at this subway car, I see all of them in it together. In something even bigger than politics. In life. This scene is testament to an everyday life normality that cushioned Catalonians from political unrest while they carried on ordinarily with their individual existences between societal lines, where the quintessence of our human experience dwells. It depicts people’s agency to go on with their lives into whichever direction, regardless of the political course and discourse.

 

Seville   night bike

 

 

 

   

Then the city would cool down a bit and all generations came together over wine and tapas. Fortunately in Spain no such cliché is ever corny.

_____

Granada

 

La Orotava, Tenerife   Spain's tallest peak El Teide

modern day cave life

_____

Granada

 

 

 

 

 

__________

places / stories

explore
Barcelona / Revolution in the Air, But Where?
story lived, yet to be written
Granada / My First Love on Second Sight
story lived, yet to be written
Seville / Life inside the Bubble
story lived, yet to be written
Tenerife / Touristy Places Done Locally
Show More

Barcelona / Revolution in the Air, But Where?

people carry on ordinarily while the political stage is in flames 

 

...yet, between these societal lines, where the quintessence of our life as human beings dwells, our situation remains largely the same, despite political turmoil...

Granada / My First Love on Second Sight

story lived

yet to be written

stay tuned

Seville / Life inside the Bubble

story lived

yet to be written

stay tuned

Tenerife / Touristy Places Done Locally

story lived

yet to be written

stay tuned

 

_____

related

photos | urban

Afterglow Fader

when the sun dims down, civilization lights up

...the last fire in the sky ebbs into paler shades of orange and yellow, before wandering down the spectrum towards far tones like indigo, purple and navy blue. Meanwhile, on earth’s surface, civilization lights up its realm to throw artificial light against the interplay of hues... see more

photos | urban

Night Delight

allures of the dark side

...for the daring nocturnal creatures among us, there is a deserted, silent world waiting after hours; and like moths we flutter towards its discoveries, wherever a speck of light flecks the darkness.   see more

photos | urban

Europe

whispering tales of yesterdays

olden stories huddling under the shingles  see more

photos | landscapes

Europe & Middle East

idyllic scenes

In corners of the world where everything is a bit smaller, there's space for idyllic scenery – from gentle mountains with pastoral valleys to moody coastlines. see more

 

 

_______

elsewhere

__

in Europe

Albania
down to earth
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Balkan heart
Croatia
medieval glamour
Denmark
meadow by the sea
France
European south-north blend
Germany
cultural & geographical intersection
Greece
simple beauty
Italy
hued life
Kosovo
Europe's youngest
Montenegro
Adriatic allure
Netherlands
sea mood
Poland
east & west
Show More

______

shop

__

Like what you see? Get these and other images, digitally or in print:

________

latest

Show More

Nepal

Himalayas / Hiking Alone, Astray & Everestless

b/w

when inked in black & white

work on the ground & online

Spain

Barcelona / Revolution in the Air, But Where?